Wath Brow continued their pursuit of National Conference Premier Division leaders West Hull with a confident away win.

The 22-0 victory at Leigh Miners Rangers was important as it kept them two points behind the Humbersiders ahead of Saturday’s clash at Red Beck.

As the Hornets have played a game more than their rivals it is vital they win at the weekend or the title will be as good as sealed.

Wath Brow were 14-0 ahead at the break and went on to win fairly comfortably although managing just one try in the second-half.

Fran King was the man in the first period when he went over for two tries, converting one while Karl Dixon also crossed for a try.

The only try in the second-half came on the hour from Jamie Devine while a penalty from King and two field goals from Dean Rooney sealed the win.

That defeat kept Leigh Miners in relegation trouble, which was good news for Kells as they moved to within a point of them following a 24-20 home victory over Thornhill Trojans. That got Kells off the foot of the table with Thornhill replacing them on points difference. It ended a run of nine straight defeats for Kells who haven’t won since a splendid success against reigning champions Hunslet Club Parkside.

After conceding the opening try to Jack Gledhill, Kells roared back to lead 18-4 at the break. Tyrone Dalton, Barry Boyd and Troy Armstrong all scored tries which were converted by Dominic Wear.

Dalton scored again on the re-start, again converted by Wear and Kells looked home and dry.

But Thornhill gave them a late scare after pulling back to 24-16 with two tries from Jake Wilson, converted by George Woodcock.

It looked ominous when Grant Gainford was sin-binned for holding down on 65 minutes, but Kells held out until his return.

Gledhill scored his second try, but it wasn’t converted and Kells held their narrow advantage until the end.

Egremont collected back-to-back wins when they beat Rochdale Mayfield 32-6 at Gillfoot – another result which helped Kells.

It was a positive start from the hosts as they were 16-0 in front inside 24 minutes with tries from Jack Stainton, Leon Crellin and Matty Henson, two of them converted by Henson.

Mayfield reduced the deficit with a try from Shaun Hurley, converted by Carl Connolly but Egremont had the final word before the break. Daniel Caine crossed for their fourth try which was converted by Henson.

Egremont were in charge throughout the second-half and Rochdale Mayfield didn’t help their cause by having both Andy Taylor and Mark Biggins with two sin-binned.

Crellin scored two more tries to complete his hat-trick, the last one converted by Billy Thompson.

In Division Three Hensingham scored a valuable away win to complete a double over Drighlington. It was delicately poised at 16-16 when, two minutes from the end, Luke Charlton scored the decisive try which Callum Sirkett converted.

Sirkett had earlier converted tries by Charlton and Josh Rogerson, while adding two penalties which eventually enabled them to overcome a 14-10 half-time deficit.