ELLENBOROUGH Rangers are the only team to have played twice and won both their Iggesund Cumberland ARL matches. The second win was a comprehensive 68-10 home victory against Aspatria Hornets.

Jordan Ostle was their Man of the Match, scoring four of the 12 tries, 10 of which were converted by Owen Hoyles.

Elbra led 34-4 at half-time and scored the same number of points in the second-half. Luke Penrice (3), Ben Robinson, Kevin Hoban, Owen Hoyles, Andrew Ostle and Ryan Wilson were the other Elbra try scorers.

The Aspatria tries came from Dylan Small and their Man of the Match David Miller. On of them was converted by Scott Donald.

Ellenborough’s revived A team did not fare as well as they went down 54-0 at Egremont A.The home side led 24-0 at half-time and finished with 10 tries, seven of them converted by Billy Thompson.

Touching down for the Gillfoot side were Matt Hutchens (2), Toby Corrie (2), Sam Appleby, Pat Bennett, Lee Cruden, James Newton, Mitch Edwards and Matty Henson. The home side’s Man of the Match was James Newton with Craig Dowling picking up the award for Elbra A.

In the third game that was played, Kells A won 26-0 at Lowca, scoring the bulk of them (18) in the first half. Jake Parker won the Man of the Match award, scoring a hat-trick of tries with Cameron Taylor (2) and Brad Smith also crossing. Taylor kicked one goal. Man of the Match for Lowca was Keith Campbell.

Three games - Wath Brow A v Seaton; Maryport v Cockermouth; Seaton A v Glasson - were postponed because of the weather and will be re-arranged.

n Hensingham are still looking for their first points in National Conference Division Three. Their third game ended in disappointment as they lost 30-6 at Gateshead Storm and they go into week four bottom of the table.

But a poor first-half effectively killed off the Cumbrians’ chances in the North East as they conceded two tries in the first 10 minutes to Zack Clarke and Craig Banks. Hensingham then enjoyed their best spell with Gavin Maudling to the fore and the reduced the arrears with a try from Rory Henderson which was improved by Callum Sirkett.

An interesting contest was developing until Hensingham’s let in three quick fire tries to trail 22-6 at the break. David Cash, Michael Mitchell and Luke Banham scored tries while Clarke landed his only goal of the game.

Hensingham competed really well in the second-half and the score remained the same until the last 10 minutes when Clarke and Banks scored unconverted tries.