It's all square at half time as Workington Reds host Bamber Bridge on the hunt for points.

This was always going to be a key game for Reds as they targeted points from the next four games to try and begin their climb out of relegation danger.

And after an opening 10 minutes with nothing to really see from either side the game began to get into a rhythm and it was Reds who looked to have the edge.

Reds got the crucial first goal after 12 minutes as Jason Walker angled his header back into the area to find Joel. he turned and drilled a low shot into the bottom corner and it was the home side who were in front.

They looked to have an opportunity to extend their lead moments later but Jordan Holt's final touch was a little wild and it came to nothing but Reds had their heads up.

However, it wasn't to last long as Bamber Bridge broke away upfield and after a scramble in the goalmouth where a couple of initial shots were blocked, it was Scott Harries who got the final touch to punish Reds and level the game up once more.

Reds had a bit of work to do but slowly they began getting back into the game and some nice work allowed Sam Joel to get a cross in looking for Rowntree at the far post but he just couldn't meet it.

And a free kick from Tinnion was curled well into a packed box but it was a Bamber Bridge defender who just got enough on the ball to clear it and break downfield.

Brad Carroll, who was enjoying a great spell for Reds, put in a great long ball for Jordan Holt and he took one touch before firing goalward but the keeper Lloyd Rigby got down to deal with it.

Niall Cowperthwaite decided to try his luck as he lofted the ball in looking to curl it just under the bar but it just tipped the wrong side of the crossbar much to the relief of the leaping keeper.

And another shot from Cowperthwaite moments later was deflected out for a corner which the visitors initially cleared but then the ball came back in and Walker tried to slip it through the amassing ranks and it went out for a second corner.

Reds were putting the pressure on as the clock ticked down to half time but despite a third successive corner they could not find the crucial goal to restore their lead and the two sides went in at 1-1 at the break.