FIRE crews in Carlisle were called to home on Friday after a bed caught fire.

Carlisle East and Carlisle West fire stations sent crews out to attend to the incident.

Speaking on Friday, a spokesperson from Carlisle West Fire Service said: "Today at 10.30am we attended a building fire with where we found a bed on fire after a laptop charging cable was left turned on.

"Two breathing apparatus wearers dealt with the fire before crews made the property safe."

If you are ever in an emergency involving a fire please contact Cumbria Fire and Rescue on 999 for it to be dealt with safely.