Firefighters were called to deal with a kitchen fire after a spot of cooking had got out of hand. 

A crew from Carlisle West Fire Station was called out to reports of a kitchen fire on Langdale Avenue in Carlisle at about 4.20pm today. 

A spokesperson from Carlisle West Fire Station said the incident involved a "grill pan fire", which the team "dealt with quite quickly."

A crew from Carlisle East Fire Station was also called to the scene. However, it was discovered that their services were not needed and that the incident was under control. 

There were no casualties as a result of the incident. 

For more information about fire safety at home and in the kitchen, visit the Cumbria County Council's webiste here