A busy July period for Carlisle continued with a trip to Lancashire to face Chorley on Tuesday night.

United had goalkeeper Lukas Jensen who is on loan from Burnley for a season.

Aaron Hayden then handled skipper duties for match.

The Magpies started well and Thomlinson let fly from distance when the ball came his way.

Jensen was able to recover the ball and not let the goal in.

A huge pass from Urwin found Hall on the run and his first touch took him into the box.

Jensen again stopped a potential goal from Chorley.

Carlisle responded with a surge down the right and Whelan overlapped into space.

He popped it into the area and Armer arrived late to meet it at the back stick.

Forward Zach Clough moved off the shoulder of his marker in the next attacking wave and his control on his toe was sublime.

It was a tight angle and his attempted lob was eventually clutched by Urwin.

A fizzed volley from Hall for the Magpies whisked past the target, and that preceded an excellent spell for the away side.

Abrahams initially had a goal chalked off for offside but he soon put that right when he got onto the end of a fine delivery from Dickenson.

He guided it past the keeper with his instep, from 17-yards out, into the bottom corner.

The lead was doubled four minutes later when Dickenson worked hard to keep possession.

He fed it to Alessandra, and a precise pass carved its way through the back line.

Lewis Alessandra saw a lot the ball and he rode a tackle before trying his luck from 20-yards. Urwin scampered backwards to tip it over before it could cross the line.

Another flick took the sting out of it and Jensen reacted smartly to bring it into his chest.

Carlisle stayed patient in midfield but Clough wasn't too far away when a cross from Whelan was blocked.

In the second half Chorley broke, and Shenton suddenly had space in the area.

A thunderbolt appeared to be going in until Jensen threw himself full length to touch it away.

Carlisle came again just past the hour when Clough sliced the defence open with a lovely pass.

Abrahams had just the keeper to beat but the big man spread himself to make a great block.

United made eight changes with just over 15 minutes left to play, with Chorley having made six, and Toure and Mampala tried to make gaps as they linked well together.

The final score was 2-0 after a successful day for United.