A PARISH council is calling for resident to become a member of the parish council.

Thursby currently has two vacancies for parish councillors and are looking people who would like to become involved.

A spokesman said: "To qualify you must be a British subject over 18 years old and an elector. You must reside within Thursby Parish or within 3 miles of it, or occupy as owner or tenant any land or premises therein". For more information, contact Gillian Martin, Parish Clerk by email Thursbypc@gmail.com