Firefighters had to be called after a fire broke out in a chippy.

Appliances from Cockermouth and Keswick were called to the Kingfisher chip shop which was on fire on Main Street, Keswick on Friday evening.

Crews received the call at 5.15pm when the fire broke out in the kitchen range.

The blaze was brought under control quickly.

Firefighters used four breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, two dry powder extinguishers and two carbon monoxide extinguishers to put out the fire.

They were in attendance for over two hours.