FIREFIGHTERS from two Carlisle stations were scrambled after forgetful cook left pan on a flaming hob.

The incident happened today - the fire service was alerted at about 3.45pm.

Engines from Carlisle East and Carlisle West fire stations blazed their way to the scene after a call about a home fire, near Hillary Grove, Carlisle.

A spokesman for Cumbria Fire and Rescue said: "On arrival, crews could observe from the outside of the property that a pan had been left on a gas hob in the kitchen and the occupant had left the property.

"Crews isolated the gas to extinguish the hob.

"There was no damage caused to the property."