Tributes have been paid to a popular dad who died in a car crash on the A66.

Keith Moore, 42, has been named as the victim of the Good Friday tragedy which happened near Keswick.

Friends the Whitehaven man said he was a gentleman and a pleasure to know.

A fundraising campaign has been launch to support his family with funeral expenses.

That surpassed its target within hours of being launched.

Two other people were airlifted to hospital following the collision remain in hospital.

Their conditions have been described by police as serious but stable.

A nine-year-old boy who was taken to Carlisle’s Cumberland Infirmary was allowed home on Saturday.

The gofundme page set up in memory of Keith has been flooded with messages for his loved ones, showing support for the family.

Across social media messages of condolence have been left such as that from Karen Parr who left posted: “Rest in peace Keith. You were a truly lovely man.”

John Nichol, an old friend, shared a message, adding: “Sleep tight big fella. It was a real pleasure knowing you. Top gent. God bless you.”

Tosh Chambers added on the fundraising page: “A very good friend who would help others. Rest in peace Keith.

People have been to the scene of the accident, leaving flowers.

Mackenzie Leder said: “ I have been to pay my respects. You’ll be such a big miss mate. Sleep tight and thank you for all you did for me.”

The well-liked doorman made an impact on a number of people and was described by many as a true gentleman.

It is understood that the family man, Keith moved from his home town in Whitehaven to Egremont more than two years ago to live with his partner and her family.

The well-liked doorman made an impact on a number of peoples lives who have been sharing memories and well-wishers about him.

Keith was a much-loved father who has been described as in inspiration and someone who would help anyone.

An 18-year-old man also from west Cumbria was flown to Preston Royal Infirmary. A 56-year-old woman from Cheshire was flown to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle.

A spokesman for Cumbria Police said: “Our thoughts are with his family at this time and are being supported by specially trained officers.”

Emergency services attended the crash worked tirelessly on Friday and two air ambulances were used to transport patients.

An investigation into the cause of the tragedy has been launched by Cumbria police and continues today. The A66 was closed for several hours on Friday.

Police are appealing to anyone who might have dashcam footage or witnessed the incident to call 101.