THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (VARIOUS ROADS IN THE CARLISLE AREA) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) (NO. 7) ORDER 2019Notice ID: CAR1105685
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (VARIOUS ROADS IN THE CARLISLE AREA) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) (NO. 7) ORDER 2019
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable Cumbria Highways to carry out carriageway works ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria intends to make an Order the effect of which is to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along the lengths of road specified in the attached Schedule.
Suitable diversion routes will be indicated on site by the display of relevant traffic signs as and when the temporary closures are in force.
Phased works will not necessarily be done in numerical order.
Cumbria Highways will ensure that local residents and the general public are informed of which roads are to be closed and when, nearer the time.
A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained at all times. Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the roads, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the roads; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works.
Plans showing the locations and details of the alternative routes are available for public inspection at the offices of Cumbria Highways, The Parkhouse Building, Kingmoor Business Park, Carlisle, CA6 4SJ or Tel: 0300 303 2992 Please quote the reference specified in the schedules.
The Order will come into operation on I May 2019 and may continue in force for a period of up to eighteen months from that date as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed, although ft is anticipated that ft will only be required for approx. 3 months in total.
Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, Carlisle, CAI IRD Dated: 12 April 2019
EXTENT OF RESTRICTIONS AND ALTERNATIVE ROUTES
1. The Crescent, Carlisle - Approx. Duration 10 nights between 19:00 hours and 0&00 hours. Ret CACHI19 From its junction with the A6 (Botchergate) extending in a north easterly direction for approx. 95m.
The Crescent, Carlisle - Approx. Duration 10 nights between 19:00 hours and 0&00 hours. Ret CACHI19 From its junction with the A6 (Botchergate) extending in a north easterly direction for approx. 95m.
Alternative route for southbound vehicles via Lowther Street, Lonsdale Street, Spencer Street, Brunswick Street, Taft Street, Botchergate, King Street, Lancaster Street, Crown Street and Botchergate. Northbound vehicles via English Street, Devonshire Street; Lowther Street, Lonsdale Street, Spencer Street and Warwick Road. N.B. to faciliate the north bound alternative route above and allow all vehicles to make a right turn onto Devonshire Street, the existing prohibition of vehicles, other than cycles, stage carriages, express carriages, school buses, works buses or taxis restriction from English Street onto Devonshire Street will be temporarily suspended.
2. Rome Street (Boustead Grassings), Carlisle - Approx. Duration 5 nights between 19:00 hours and 0&00 hours. Ref CACHI 12
Rome Street (Boustead Grassing), from its junction with Currock Road for its entire length. There is no suhablve alternative route for vehicles.
3. CI 035 Faugh Quarry, Carlisle-Approx. Duration I week. Ref. CACHI 15
From its junction with Fenton Crossroads (How), extending in a southerly direction for approx. 500m
Alternative route via the CI035 (How), CI024 (Corby Hill), CI026 (Heads Nook) and unrestricted section of the
CI 035 (Faugh).
4. B5299 Dalston - Approx. Duration I week. Ref: CACH114
From its junction with Ul 133 Barras Lane, extending in a southerly direction for approx. 220m to its junction with Ul 132 Townhead Road.
Alternative route via the B5299 (Bridge End), UI293 Buckabank, CI0I4 Durdar, CI036 Currock, Currock Road, James Street, CI043 Caldewgate, B5299 Dalston Road.
5. Lowther Street, Carlisle - Approx. Duration 5 nights between 19:00 hours and 06:00 hours. Ref: CACH 119
From its junction with Devonshire Street extending in an overall northerly direction for approx. 230m to its junction with Victoria Place.
Alternative route via the unrestricted section of Lowther Street, Drover Street, Scotch Street, West Tower Street, Castle Way, Bridge Street; Shaddongate, Junction Street and Victoria Viaduct
6. CI0I6 Bankend, Cargo -Approx. Duration I week. Ref: CACHI 13
From its junction with the Ul 15 Cargo, extending in an overall north westerly direction for approx. 1.3km. Alternative route via the unrestricted sections of the C1016 (Rockclfffe), C1015 (Low Harker), C1022 (Chandler Way), andA689.
7. Rnlde Street, Carlisle - Approx. Duration I week Ref: CACH 116
From a point adjacent to No. I a Rnlde Street, exteding in a westerly direction for approx. 125m Alternative route for northeast bound vehicles Castle Street, St Mary's Gate and Rsher Street Southwest bound vehicles via Fisher Street Market Street, West Tower Street Scotch Street Drovers Lane, Lowther Street Vftoria Place, Spencer Street Warwick Road, The Crescent English Street Victoria Viaduct West Walls and Annetwell Street N.B. To facilitate the alternative route the existing one-way restriction on that section of Rsher Street Carlisle from its junction with St Mary's Gate to its junction with Finkle Street in a north westerly direction will be temporarily suspended for the duration of the Works.