THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (VARIOUS ROADS IN THE CARLISLE AREA) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) (NO.6) ORDER 2019Notice ID: CAR1064380
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (VARIOUS ROADS IN THE CARLISLE AREA) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) (NO.6) ORDER 2019
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable Cumbria Highways to carry out carriageway works ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria intends to make an Order the effect of which is to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along the lengths of road specified in the attached Schedule.
Suitable diversion routes will be indicated on site by the display of relevant traffic signs as and when the temporary closures are in force.
Phased works will not necessarily be done in numerical order. Cumbria Highways will ensure that local residents and the general public are informed of which roads are to be closed and when, nearer the time.
A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained at all times.
Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the roads, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the roads; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works. Plans showing the locations and details of the alternative routes are available for public inspection at the offices of Cumbria Highways, The Parkhouse Building, Kingmoor Business Park, Carlisle, CA6 4SJ or Tel: 0300 303 2992. Please quote the references specified in the schedule.
The Order will come into operation on 8 April 2019 and may continue in force for a period of up to eighteen months from that date as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed, although it is anticipated that it will only be required for approx. 3 months in total.
Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle CAI IRD Dated: 22 March 2019
SCHEDULE - EXTENT OF RESTRICTIONS AND ALTERNATIVE ROUTES
1. CI025 Friar Waingate Bridge, Carlisle - Approx. Duration I week (Ref: CACH104)
From its junction with the CI029 (Burthinghurst), extending in a northerly direction for approx. 1.3km. Alternative route via the CI029 (Burthinghurst and Walton), CI013 (Walton High Rigg) and B63I8 (Lees Hill).
2. C2043 Kirkandrews-on-Eden - Approx. Duration I week (Ren CACH 105)
From its junction with the U1123 (Grinsdale), extending in a north westerly direction for approx. 17km. Alternative route via the C2042(Knockupworth), A689 (Cornhill Farm), BS307 (Kirkbride), C2053 (Whitrigg), C2042 (Millrigg Farm), U200l(Glasson), C2042 (Kirkandrews-On-Eden).
3. U1192 Broadwath, Carlisle - Approx. Duration I week (Ref: CACH 106)
From its junction with the CI026 (Heads Nook), extending in a south westerly direction for approx. I. I km. Alternative route via the Ul 191 (Warwick Bridge), A69 (Corby Hill) and CI026 (Heads Nook).
4. Rydal Street, Carlisle - Approx. Duration I week (Ref: CACH 107)
From its junction with Fusehill Street, extending in a south westerly direction for approx. 315m. Alternative route via the A6 Botchergate, South Street, and Fusehill Street.
5. UI292 Rose Cottage, Carlisle -Approx. Duration I week (Ren CACH 108)
From its junction with the C2049 (Hilltop Plantation), extending
in an easterly direction for approx I km.
There is no suitable alternative route for vehicles.