NOTICE OF ELECTION ELECTION OF CARLISLE CITY COUNCIL COUNCILLORSNotice ID: CAR1059277
CARLISLE CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF ELECTION ELECTION OF CITY COUNCILLORS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT
1. An election is to be held of THREE City Councillors for each of the following Wards:
BELAH & KINGMOOR BOTCHERBY & HARRABY NORTH BRAMPTON & FELLSIDE CATHEDRAL & CASTLE CURROCK & UPPERBY DALSTON & BURGH DENTON HOLME & MORTON SOUTH HARRABY SOUTH & PARKLANDS LONGTOWN & THE BORDER NEWTOWN & MORTON NORTH SANDSFIELD & MORTON WEST STANWIX & HOUGHTON WETHERAL & CORBY
2. Nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer, Electoral Services, 8th Floor, Civic Centre, Carlisle CA3 8QG on any day after the date of this notice, but not later than 4.00 p.m. on Wednesday 3rd April 2019.
3. Forms of nomination paper may be obtained from the Returning Officer who will, at the request of any elector for a Ward, prepare a nomination paper for signature.
4. If the election is contested, the Poll in respect of such election will take place on Thursday, 2nd May 2019.
5. Electors should take note that new applications to vote by post or applications to change or cancel an existing postal or proxy vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Civic Centre, Carlisle not later than 5.00 p.m. on Monday, 15th April 2019 if they are to be effective for this election.
6. New applications to vote by proxy must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Civic Centre, Carlisle not later than 5.00 p.m. on Wednesday, 24th April 2019 if they are to be effective for this election, except applications to vote by proxy on grounds of medical emergency or those absent on the grounds of business or service occurring after 5.00 p.m. on 24th April. Such applications may be made until 5.00 p.m. on 2nd May 2019.
Civic Centre Dr Jason Gooding
CARLISLE Returning Officer
Dated 15th day of March 2019