THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (A591 AND U5625 HAWES LANE, KENDAL) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2018Notice ID: WAR0768300
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (A591 AND U5625 HAWES LANE, KENDAL) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2018
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable Eric Wright Civil Engineering to carry out culvert repair works ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:-
1. Prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along that section of the U5625 Hawes Lane, Kendal, from its junction with the A59I, extending in an easterly direction for approx. 5m.
2. Prohibit any vehicle from proceeding at speeds in excess of 40 miles per hour along the following lengths of the A591, Kendal:-
(i) from the centre line of the overbridge at its junction with the A590, extending in a northerly direction for approx. 3.3km; and
(ii) north west bound slip road of the A59I, from its junction with Brettargh Holt Roundabout, extending in a north westerly direction for approx. 450m.
The 40 miles per hour speed restriction will operate where work is ongoing but the contractor's operatives and plant are not on site. It is required to protect road users passing through restricted width traffic lanes.
A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained at all times and a suitable alternative route for vehicles will be signed and available via the unrestricted section of the U5625 Hawes Lane, C507I Natland Road, A6 Romey Road, A6 Milnthorpe Road and A59I. Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the roads, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the roads; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works. No speed limit imposed by this Order will apply to vehicles foiling within regulation 3(4) of the Road Traffic Exemptions (Special Forces) (Variation and Amendment) Regulations 2011 when used in accordance with regulation 3(5) of those Regulations.
Any queries to Cumbria Highways, Busher Walk, County Offices, Kendal, LA9 4RQ (0300 303 2992) quoting reference SL18/6457. The Order will come into operation on 17 September 2018 and may continue in force for a period of up to eighteen months from that date as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed, although it is anticipated that it will only be required for I day.
D Roberts, Executive Director - Corporate Customer & Community Services, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, Carlisle, CAI IRD, Dated: 30 August 2018