THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (A683 MIDDLETON HALL BRIDGE ANDNotice ID: BRA2259225
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (A683 MIDDLETON HALL BRIDGE AND
SCHOOL LANE, MIDDLETON) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2021
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable Cumbria Highways to carry highways works ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria has made an Order the effect of which is to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along the following sections of road:-
1. A683 Middleton Hall Bridge, Middleton: From its junction with High Road extending in a southerly direction for approx 90m. From: 6 December 2021 for approx. I night between 1830 and 0100.
2. A683 School House Lane, Middleton: From its junction with School House Road extending in a northerly direction for approx. 70m.
From: 7 December 2021 for approx I night between 1830 and 0100.
Alternative routes: via the unrestricted sections of the A683, A684,A586,A6andA65.
A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained at all times.
Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the road, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the road; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection witii the Works. Any queries to the Highways Hotline 0300 303 2992 or email
quoting the reference SL21/303. The Order will come into operation on 6 December 2021 and may continue in force for a maximum duration of eighteen months. However, please note that it is anticipated that the restrictions will only be required as above and only as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed.
Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle CAI IRD Dated: 2 December 2021