THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (THURSTONFIELD NEAR CARLISLE, AND CHESTERHOLME, CARLISLE) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2021Notice ID: BRA2190028
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (THURSTONFIELD NEAR CARLISLE, AND CHESTERHOLME, CARLISLE) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2021
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable Electricity North West to carry out utility works ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria has made an Order the effect of which is to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along the following sections of road:-
1. Thurstonfield, near Carlisle: From a point adjacent to Laurel Bank extending in a south westerly direction for approx 55m. Alternative route: via the unrestricted section of the Ul 119, and B5307.
From: 13 September 2021 for approx. 12 days (Ret C706)
2. Chesterholme, Carlisle: From a point adjacent to No. 66 Chesterholme extending in a south westerly direction for approx. 30m.
No alternative route available.
From: 27 September 2021 for approx 5 days (Ret C700)
A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained at all times.
Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the roads, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the roads; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works. Any queries to the Highways Hotline 0300 303 2992 or email
quoting the references as specified above.
The Order will come into operation on 13 September 2021 and may continue in force for a maximum duration of eighteen months. However, please note that it is anticipated that the restrictions will only be required as specified above and only as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed.
Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle CA1 1RD
Dated: 10 September 2021