THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (C40I4 BRAYSTONES ROAD, CLIFF ROAD, WHITEHAVEN AND U4032 BRISCOE ROAD, EGREMONT) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2021Notice ID: BRA2101196
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (C40I4 BRAYSTONES ROAD, CLIFF ROAD, WHITEHAVEN AND U4032 BRISCOE ROAD, EGREMONT) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2021
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable Cumbria Highways to carry out highways works ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria Intends to make an Order the effect of which Is to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along the following sections ofroad:-
1. C40I4 Braystones Road: From its junction with the U4473 extending in a north easterly direction for approx. 100m. Alternative route: Via the unrestricted section of the C40I4 Braystones Road, C40I4 Morass Road, B5345 Cop Lane and the C40I4 Low Ehenside.
From I July 2021 for approx. 9 days (Ref: C021 -129)
2. Cliff Road, Whitehaven: From its junction with High Road extending in an overall north westerly direction for approx 140m.
Alternative route: Via Solway Road, Saltom Road and High Road. From 5 July 2021 for approx. 4 days (Ref: CO2I-I30)
3. U4032 Briscoe Road, Egremont: From appoint approx 300m north east of its junction with Briscoe Mount extending in a north easterly direction for approx 130m.
Alternative route: Via the unrestricted sections of the U4032, C40I7, A5086 and A595.
From 12 July 2021 for approx 10 days (Ret C02I-131)
A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained
at all times.
Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the roads, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the roads; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works. Any queries to the Highways Hotline 0300 303 2992 or email
, quoting the references as specified above.
The Order will come into operation on I July 2021 and may continue in force for a maximum duration of eighteen months, However, please note that it is anticipated that the restrictions will only be required as specified above and only as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed. Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle CAI IRD Dated: 9 June 2021