THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (C5004 ELTERWATER AND C5040 CARTMEL) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF ALL TRAFFIC) ORDER 2021Notice ID: BRA2064397
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (C5004 ELTERWATER AND C5040 CARTMEL) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF ALL TRAFFIC) ORDER 2021
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable Cumbria Highways to carry out highways works ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria intends to make an Order the effect of which is to prohibit any vehicle all traffic (i.e. vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists) from proceeding along the following sections of road:-
1. C5004 Elterwater: From a point approx. 85m south west of its junction with the BS243 extending in a north westerly direction for approx.50m.
Alternative route: Via the unrestricted sections of the C5004, and BS343.
From: 17 May 2021 for approx I day (Ref. SLB2I/03)
2. C5040 Cartmel: From a point approx 20m south of its junction with the C5042 The Causeway extending in a southerly direction for approx 35m.
Alternative route: Via the unrestricted sections of the C5040, C504I Headless Cross, and C5042 The Causeway. From: 24 May 2021 for approx 4 days (Ref: SLB2I/04) Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service personnel vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the roads, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the roads; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works. Any queries to the Highways Hotline 0300 303 2992 or email
quoting the references as specified above.
The Order will come into operation on 17 May 2021 and may continue in force for a maximum duration of eighteen months. However, please note that it is anticipated that the restrictions will only be required as specified above and only as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed. Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle CAI IRD Dated: 29 April 2021