THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (VARIOUS ROADS IN THE SOUTH LAKELAND AREA)Notice ID: BRA2043202
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (VARIOUS ROADS IN THE SOUTH LAKELAND AREA)
(TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) (NO.6) ORDER 2021
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable BT Openreach to carry out utility works ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria has made an Order the effect of which is to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along the lengths of road specified in the attached Schedule.
Suitable diversion routes will be indicated on site by the display of relevant traffic signs as and when the temporary closures are in force.
Phased works will not necessarily be done in numerical order. The contractor will ensure that local residents and the general public are informed of which roads are to be closed and when, nearer the time.
A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained at all times.
Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for vehicles and pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the roads, or to any other premises accessible for vehicles and pedestrians from, and only from the roads; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works. Any queries to the Highways Hotline 0300 303 2992 or email
quoting the references as specified in the Schedule.
The Order will come into operation on 11 April 2021 and may continue in force for a maximum duration of eighteen months. However, please note that it is anticipated that the restrictions will only be required as specified in the Schedule and only as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed. Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle CAI IRD Dated: 8 April 2021
EXTENT OF RESTRICTIONS AND ALTERNATIVE ROUTES
1. U5025 Hawkshead - Approx duration I day - 20/04/2021 (Ret SL21/12)
From its junction with B5285, extending in an overall north westerly direction for approx76m.
Alternative Route: via the unrestricted section of the U5025, C502I and the B5285.
2. Yewdale Road, Coniston - Approx duration I day over 2 consecutive Sundays -11/04/2021 & 18/04/2021) (Ren SL2I/I3) From its junction with Shepherds Bridge Lane, extending in a south westerly direction for approx 95m.
Alternative Route: via the unrestricted section of Yewdale Road, Tilberthwaite Avenue and the Shepherds Bridge Lane.
3. U5364 Lupton - Approx duration I day - 22/04/2021 (Ref SL2I/I7)
From its junction with C508I Goodmickle Lane, extending in a north easterly direction for approx 580m. Alternative Route: via the unrestricted section of the U5364, 1153(8 Beck Lane, B6254 and the C508I Goodmickle Lane.
4. U5083 Near Lowick Bridge - Approx duration I day -2704/2021 (Ref SL2I/I8)
From its junction with C50I8, extending in a north westerly direction for approx 571m. No alternative route available.
5. U5078 Near Lowick Bridge - Approx duration I day -28/04/2021 (Ref: SL21/18-1)
Approx 435m west from its junction with U5083, extending in a westerly direction for approx 116m. No alternative route available.