THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (VARIOUS ROADS IN BARROW-IN-FURNESS) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) (NO.I) ORDER 2021Notice ID: BRA2006459
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (VARIOUS ROADS IN BARROW-IN-FURNESS) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) (NO.I) ORDER 2021
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable Cumbria Highways to carry out resurfacing works ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria Intends to make an Order the effect of which Is to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along the lengths of road specified in the attached Schedule. Suitable diversion routes will be indicated on site by the display of relevant traffic signs as and when the temporary closures are in force.
Phased works will not necessarily be done in numerical order. Cumbria Highways will ensure that local residents and the general public are informed of which roads are to be closed and when, nearer the time.
A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained at all times.
Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the road, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the road; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works. Any queries to the Highways Hotline 0300 303 2992 or email
quoting the references as specified in the Schedule.
The Order will come into operation on 16 March 2021 and may continue in force for a maximum duration of eighteen months. However, please note that it is anticipated that the restrictions will only be required for I month in total and only as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed. Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle CAI IRD Dated: 26 February 2021
EXTENT OF RESTRICTIONS AND ALTERNATIVE ROUTES
I.Rear of Provincial Street, Barrow-in-Furness - Approx duration 4 days from 16/03/2021-19/03/2021 (Ret BA20/I34) From its junction with Abbots Vale extending in an easterly then northerly direction for approx. 170m. Alternative Route: via Abbots Vale and Provincial Street.
Rear of Provincial Street, Barrow-in-Furness - Approx duration 4 days from 16/03/2021-19/03/2021 (Ret BA20/I34) From its junction with Abbots Vale extending in an easterly then northerly direction for approx. 170m. Alternative Route: via Abbots Vale and Provincial Street.
2. Rear of Rodney Street, Barrow-in-Furness - Approx duration 4 days from 22/03/2021-25/03/2021 (Ref. BA20/135)
From its junction with Bath Street extending in south westerly direction for approx 105m.
Alternative Route: via Bath Street, Nelson Street and Howard Street
3. Rear of Whitehead Street, Barrow-in-Furness - Approx duration 4 working days from 26/03/2021- 31/03/2021 (Ret BA20/I36)
From its junction with Whitehead Street extending in north westerly then easterly direction for approx 106m. No alternative route available.
4. Rear of Durham Street, Barrow-in-Furness - Approx duration 4workingdays from 01/04/2021-06/04/2021 (Ref. BA20/I37) From Its junction with Newcastle Street extending in a south easterly direction for a distance of approx 45m.
Alternative Route: via Newcastle Street, Durham Street and Barnard Street