THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (U4336 ROSEMARY LANE, WHITEHAVEN AND U440I DEVON ROAD, HENSINGHAM, WHITEHAVEN) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2021Notice ID: BRA1976715
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (U4336 ROSEMARY LANE, WHITEHAVEN AND U440I DEVON ROAD, HENSINGHAM, WHITEHAVEN) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2021
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable Northern Gas Networks to carry out utility works ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria has made an Order the effect of which is to;
1. Prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along that section of the U4336 Rosemary Lane, Whitehaven from a point approx. 50m north west of its junction with Swingpump Lane extending in a north westerly direction for approx. 175m.
Alternative Route: via the unrestricted sections of Rosemary Lane, High Road, Ginns to Kells Road, Preston Street and Swingpump Lane.
Duration: From I February 2021 for approx. 3 weeks.
2. Prohibit any vehicle from proceeding, other than in a south easterly direction along that section of the U440I Devon Road, Hensingham, Whitehaven from its junction with Lincoln Road to junction with Cambridge Road. Alternative Route for North West Bound Traffic via Cambridge Road, Sneakyeat Road and Lincoln Road. Duration: From 1 February 2021 for approx. 6 weeks. A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained at all times.
Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the road, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the road; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works. Any queries to the Highways Hotline 0300 303 2992 or email
, quoting the reference C021 -13 & 14.
The Order will come into operation on I February 2021 and may continue in force for a maximum duration of eighteen months. However, please note that it is anticipated that the restrictions will only be required as detailed above and only as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed. Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle CAI IRD Dated: 27 January 2021