THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (VARIOUS ROADS IN THE COPELAND AREA) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) (NO.3) ORDER 2021Notice ID: BRA1963362
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (VARIOUS ROADS IN THE COPELAND AREA) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) (NO.3) ORDER 2021
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable Cumbria Highways to carry out highways works ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria intends to make an Order the effect of which is to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along the lengths of road specified in the attached Schedule. Suitable diversion routes will be indicated on site by the display of relevant traffic signs as and when the temporary closures are in force.
Phased works will not necessarily be done in numerical order. Cumbria Highways will ensure that local residents and the general public are informed of which roads are to be closed and when, nearer the time.
A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained at all times.
Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the roads, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the roads; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works. Any queries to the Highways Hotline 0300 303 2992 or email
, quoting the references as specified in the Schedule.
The Order will come into operation on I February 2021 and may continue in force for a maximum duration of eighteen months. However, please note that it is anticipated that the restrictions will only be required for 3 months and only as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed. Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle CAI IRD Dated: 13 January 2021
EXTENT OF RESTRICTIONS AND ALTERNATIVE ROUTES
1. C4028 & C5007 Ulpha - Approx. duration I week Ref: C02I-05)
C4028 & C5007 Ulpha - Approx. duration I week Ref: C02I-05)
C4028: From its junction with the C4026 extending in a south
westerly direction for approx. 700m.
Alternative Route: via the unrestricted sections of the C4028,
C5008, A595 (Duddon Bridge), A593 and C5008.
C5007: From its junction with the C4026 extending in a south
easterly direction for approx. 90m.
Alternative Route: via the unrestricted sections of the C5007, A595 (Duddon Bridge), A593 and C5008.
2. C40I8 Yew Tree Cattle Grid, Wasdale - Approx. duration I week (Ref: C021 -06)
From a point approx. 325m north east of its junction with the U405I extending in a north easterly direction for approx. 100m. Alternative Route: via the unrestricted section of the C40I8 and C40I9.
3. Main Street, St Bees - Approx. duration 3 weeks (Ret C02I-07)
From its junction with Outrigg extending in a southerly direction for approx. 120m.
Alternative Route: via the unrestricted section of the B5345 St Bees Road, A595, Mirehouse Road and the unrestricted section of Main Street.
4. U4079 Ladyhall, Millom - Approx. duration 4 weeks (Ref CO2I-08)
From a point approx 1.3km south of its junction with the A595 extending in a south westerly direction for approx. 200m. Alternative Route: via the unrestricted section of the U4079, and A595.