THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (WYBROW TERRACE, WORKINGTON AND SPUR LEADING OFF MAIN STREET, GREAT BROUGHTON) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2020Notice ID: BRA1727696
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (WYBROW TERRACE, WORKINGTON AND SPUR LEADING OFF MAIN STREET, GREAT BROUGHTON) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2020
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable BT Openreach to carry out utility works ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria intends to make an Order the effect of which is to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along that section of the following lengths of road:-
1. Wybrow Terrace, Workington: From its junction with South William Street extending in a northerly direction for its entire length.
From: 8 June 2020. Approx. Duration: 3 days (Ref: GII0/20/AI62)
2. Spur leading off Main Street, Great Broughton: From its [unction with Main Street, adjacent to Brewery House, extending in a north westerly direction for approx 15m.
From: 10 June 2020. Approx Duration: 3 days (Ref: Gl I0/20/AI64)
A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained at all times.
Alternative route for vehicles are not required. Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the roads, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the roads; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works. Any queries to the Highways Hotline 0300 303 2992 or email
, quoting the references as specified above.
The Order will come into operation on 8 June 2020 and may continue in force for a maximum duration of eighteen months. However, please note that it is anticipated that the restriction will only be required as specified above and only as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed. Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle, CAI IRD Dated: 22 May 2020