THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (VARIOUS ROADS IN THE ALLERDALE AREA) [TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) (NO.I) ORDER 2020Notice ID: BRA1703692
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (VARIOUS ROADS IN THE ALLERDALE AREA) [TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) (NO.I) ORDER 2020
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable Cumbria Highways to carry out highways works ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria has made an Order the effect of which is to:-
1. Prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along the lengths of road specified in the attached Schedule.
2. Prohibit any vehicle from proceeding at speeds in excess of 10 miles per hour along that section of the following lengths of road:-
(i) B5300 Stanwix Corner, Silloth: From a point approx 80m south west of its junction with the B530I for an approx. 200m in a north easterly then north westerly direction; and
(ii) B530I Stanwix Corner, Silloth: From its junction with the B5300 for an approx. 80m in a south easterly direction. Approx. Duration: 8 weeks - Ref: G110/20/A87
N.B. The above speed restriction will not be in operation at the
same time as the closures specified in the Schedule.
No speed limit imposed by this Order will apply to vehicles
falling within regulation 3(4) of the Road Traffic Exemptions
(Special Forces) (Variation and Amendment) Regulations 2011
when used in accordance with regulation 3(5) of those
Suitable diversion routes will be indicated on site by the display of relevant traffic signs as and when the temporary closures are in force.
Phased works will not necessarily be done in numerical order. Cumbria Highways will ensure that local residents and the general public are informed of which roads are to be closed and when, nearer the time.
A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained at all times.
Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the roads, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the roads; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works. Any queries to the Highways Hotline 0300 303 2992 or email TTRO.West@cumbria.gov.uk, quoting the references specified above and in the Schedule.
The Order will come into operation on 11 May 2020 and may continue in force for a maximum duration of eighteen months. However, please note that it is anticipated that the restrictions will only be required for 3 months in total and only as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed. Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle CAI IRD Dated: 8 May 2020
EXTENT OF RESTRICTIONS AND ALTERNATIVE ROUTES
1. C206I Station Hill, Wigton - Approx. Duration 2 weeks (Ref: GII0/20/A79)
From its junction with the B5302 for approx. 1.7km extending in
a north easterly then south easterly direction.
Alternative Route: via the unrestricted section of Station Hill,
2. U2926 Lonning Foot, near Millhouse - Approx. Duration 2 weeks (Ref: GII0/20/A80)
From its junction with the C2055 to its junction with the C3032. Alternative Route: via the C2055, U2I56 (Linewath), U3333 and the C3032.
3. B5307 Abbeytown - Approx. Duration 2 weeks (Ref: GII0/20/A84)
From its junction with the B5302 for approx 900m extending in a predominantly in a north easterly direction. Alternative Route: via the unrestricted sections of the B5307 (Kirkbampton), A689 (Carlisle), A595 (Thursby), A596 (Wigton) and B5302 (Abbeytown).
4. B5300 & B530I Stanwix Corner, Silloth - Approx Duration 2 weeks (Ref: GII0/20/A85)
(i) B5300 from a point approx80m south west of its junction with the B530I for approx. 200m in a north easterly then north westerly direction.
(ii) B530I from its junction with the B530O for approx 80m in a south easterly direction.
Alternative Route: via the unrestricted sections of the B5300 and B530I, A596 and the B5302.
5. B5302 Petteril Street, Silloth - Approx Duration I week (Ref: GII0/20/A86)
From its junction with Station Road to its junction with Solway Street.
Alternative Route: via Solway Street, Waver Street and Station Road.