THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (WARWICK ROAD, CARLISLE) [TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2020Notice ID: BRA1660707
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (WARWICK ROAD, CARLISLE) [TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2020
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable Morrison Utility Services to carry out replacement hydrant and manhole cover works ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria intends to make an Order the effect of which is to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along that section of Warwick Road, Carlisle, (north bound lane only) from a point adjacent to the property known as "IWarwick Road", extending in an easterly direction to its junction with Lowther Street
A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained at all times and a suitable alternative route for vehicles will be signed and available as follows: ■
1. whilst the Viaduct is closed to traffic, via The Cresent, English Street and Devonshire Street whilst the Viaduct
2. if the Viaduct is open, via The Cresent, English Street, the Viaduct, Charlotte Street, Junction Street, Shaddongate, Castle Way, Georgian Way and Spencer Street
N.B. to facilitate the alternative route via Devonshire Street whilst the Viaduct is closed, the existing restriction governing the use of the northbound lane of English Street, from a point 30m north of its junction with Citadel Row to its junction with Devonshire Street, will be temporarily suspended. Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the road, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the road; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works. Any queries to the Highways Hotline 0300 303 2992 or email
quoting the reference C467.
Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works.
The Order will come into operation on 19 April 2020 and may continue in force for a maximum duration of eighteen months. However, please note that it is anticipated that the restriction will only be required for I day and only as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed.
Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle, CAI IRD Dated: 20 March 2020