THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (U2208 LORTON) [TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2020Notice ID: BRA1582889
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (U2208 LORTON) [TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2020
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable BT Openreach to carry out Utility Works ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria has made an Order the effect of which is to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along the following sections of the U2208 Lorton:-
1. From its junction with the U2199 extending in a south easterly direction for approx 1.9km.
From: 20 February 2020. Approx. Duration: 2 weeks.
2. From its junction with the U2209 extending in a south westerly direction for approx 1.4km.
From: 9 March 2020. Approx. Duration: I week A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained at all times and a suitable alternative route for vehicles will be signed and available via the unrestricted sections of the U2208, B5289 and U2I99.
Phased works will not necessarily be done in numerical order. The contractor will ensure that local residents and the general public are informed of which roads are to be closed and when, nearer the time.
Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the road, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the road; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works. Any queries to the Highways Hotline 0300 303 2992 or email
, quoting the reference GII0/I9/A470.
The Order will come into operation on 20 February 2020 and may continue in force for a maximum duration of eighteen months. However, please note that it is anticipated that the restriction will only be required for as specified above and only as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed. Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle CAI IRD Dated: 14 February 2020