THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (CUMREW CLOSE, DURRANHILL ROAD AND MONTGOMERY WAY, CARLISLE) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2019Notice ID: BRA1412588
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (CUMREW CLOSE, DURRANHILL ROAD AND MONTGOMERY WAY, CARLISLE) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2019
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable Northern Gas Networks to carry out gas connection works ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria intends to make an Order the effect of which is to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along the following lengths of road:-
1. Cumrew Close, Carlisle: From its junction with Geltsdale Avenue extending in a north westerly direction for approxJOm. There is no suitable alternative route available.
2. Durranhill Road, Carlisle: From its junction with Scotby Close extending in a north easterly direction to its junction with Pasture Walk.
A suitable alternative route for vehicles will be signed and available via the unrestricted section of Durranhill Road, Park Road, Scotby Road, Rosehill, Rotary Way, Warwick Road and Eastern Way. (Ref: C34I)
3. Montgomery Way, Carlisle: From its junction with Durranhill Road extending in a north westerly direction to its junction with Wingate Road.
A suitable alternative route for vehicles will be signed and available via the unrestricted section of Montgomery Way, Warwick Road, Eastern Way and Durranhill Road. (Ref: C343)
Suitable diversion routes will be indicated on site by the display of relevant traffic signs as and when the temporary closures are in force.
Phased works will not necessarily be done in numerical order. The contractor will ensure that local residents and the general public are informed of which roads are to be closed and when, nearer the time.
A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained at all times.
Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the roads, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the roads; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works. Plans showing the locations and details of the alternative routes are available for public inspection at the offices of Cumbria Highways, The Parkhouse Building, Kingmoor Business Park, Carlisle, CA6 4SJ or Tel: 0300 303 2992 Please quote the reference specified above.
The Order will come into operation on 18 November 2019 and may continue in force for a period of up to eighteen months from that date as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed, although it is anticipated that it will only be required for approx. 3 months in total, with a duration of two weeks per closure.
Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle CAI IRD Dated: I November 2019