THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (BRUNTON AVENUENotice ID: BRA1365083
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (BRUNTON AVENUE
AND ST AIDANS ROAD, CARLISLE) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2019
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable Cumbria Highways to carry out footway works ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria has made an Order the effect of which is to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along the following sections of road:-
1. Brunton Avenue, Carlisle: From its junction with Greystoke Road extending in a north westerly direction for approx 200m. A suitable alternative route for vehicles will be signed and available via Greystoke Road, Warwick Road and Eldred Street. Duration: 3 weeks (Ref: CACH205)
2. St Aidans Road, Carlisle: From its junction with Victoria Road extending in a south westerly direction for approx 80m.
A suitable alternative route for vehicles will be signed and available via Warwick Road, Howard Place and Victoria Place. Duration: I week (Ref: CACH204) Suitable diversion routes will be indicated on site by the display of relevant traffic signs as and when the temporary closures are in force.
The above Works will not necessarily be done in numerical order.
The contractor will ensure that local residents and the general public are informed of which roads are to be closed and when, nearer the time.
A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained at all times.
Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the roads, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the roads; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works. Plans showing the locations and details of the alternative routes are available for public inspection at the offices of Cumbria Highways, The Parkhouse Building, Kingmoor Business Park, Carlisle, CA6 4SJ (0300 303 2992) quoting the references as specified above.
The Order will come into operation on 7 October 2019 and may continue in force for a period of up to eighteen months from that date as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed, although it is anticipated that it will only be required for approx 3 months in total.
Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle CAI IRD Dated: 4 October 2019