THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (VARIOUS ROADS IN THE ALLERDALE AREA) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) (NO.4) ORDER 2019Notice ID: BRA1262505
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (VARIOUS ROADS IN THE ALLERDALE AREA) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) (NO.4) ORDER 2019
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable Cumbria Highways to carry out highways works ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria intends to make an Order the effect of which is to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along the lengths of road specified in the attached Schedule. Suitable diversion routes will be indicated on site by the display of relevant traffic signs as and when the temporary closures are in force.
Phased works will not necessarily be done in numerical order. Cumbria Highways will ensure that local residents and the general public are informed of which roads are to be closed and when, nearer the time.
A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained at all times.
Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the roads, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the roads; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works. Plans showing the locations and details of the alternative routes are available for public inspection at the offices of Cumbria Highways, Joseph Noble Road, Lillyhall, Workington, CAI44JH or Tel: 0300 303 2992 Please quote the reference specified in the Schedule.
The Order will come into operation on 12 August 2019 and may continue in force for a period of up to eighteen months from that date as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed, although it is anticipated that it will only be required for approx 3 months in total.
Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle CAI IRD Dated: 26 July 2019
EXTENT OF RESTRICTIONS AND ALTERNATIVE ROUTES
1. Joseph Noble Road, Lillyhall, Workington - Approx. duration 2 weeks (Ref:GII0/l9/A250)
(i) From its junction with the A595 extending in a south easterly then north easterly direction a total of approx. 890m; and
(ii) The spur road leading to the Cumbria Highways depot extending in a south easterly then north easterly direction for a total of approx. 170m.
Alternative Route: via the unrestricted section of Joseph Noble Road, C2054 and A595.
2. Simonscales Lane & Vicarage Lane, Cockermouth- Approx duration 2 weeks (Ref: Gl I0/I9/A25I)
(i) Simonscales Lane: From its junction with Strawberry Howe Road extending in a south westerly direction for approx. 207m; and
(ii) Vicarage Lane: From its junction with Simonscales Lane extending in a south westerly direction for approx. 340m.
No alternative route available.
3. B530I Arkelby Mill, Arkelby - Approx. duration 2 weeks (Ref: GII0/I9/A2S2)
From a point adjacent to Arkleby Mill extending in a southerly direction for approx. 200m.
Alternative route: via the unrestricted sections of the B530I, A595 (Mealsgate), B5299 (Fletcheitown) and A596.
4. U2I98 Pardshaw - Approx duration 2 weeks (Ref: GII0/I9/A2S3)
From its junction with the A5086 extending in a south easterly
direction for approx. 810m.
Alternative route: via the U2197 and A5086.
5. U2287 Crosby - Approx duration 2 weeks (Ref: GII0/I9/A254)
(i) From its junction with the A596 extending in a south westerly direction for approx 210m.
(ii) Spur road extending in a south westerly direction for approx 50m.
Alternative route: via the A596.
6. U2I75 Stoneybeck, Brigham - Approx duration 2 weeks (Ref: GII0/I9/A255)
From its junction with School Brow extending in a north westerly direction for approx. 195m. No suitable alternative route available