THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (B64I3 HIGH GELT BRIDGE, CASTLE CARROCK AND CI031 MIDDLE GELT BRIDGE, HAYTON) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2019Notice ID: BRA1210110
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (B64I3 HIGH GELT BRIDGE, CASTLE CARROCK AND CI031 MIDDLE GELT BRIDGE, HAYTON) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2019
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable Cumbria Highways to carry out bridge works ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria has made an Order the effect of which is to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along the following lengths of road:-
1. B64I3 High Gelt Bridge, Castle Carrockfrom a point approx 775m north of its junction with Rectory Road, for approx 20m either side of the centre line of the bridge.
Duration: 4 days (Reference: CACH162) A suitable alternative route will be signed and available via the unrestricted sections of the B6413, C1024 Rectory Road, C1026, A69, Greenhill, Capon Tree Road, Paving Brow and Tarn Road.
2. C1031 Middle Gelt Bridge, Hayton from a point approx 665m south west of its junction with the B64I3 Tarn Road, extending in a north westerly direction for a distance of approx 40m. Duration: 3 weeks (Reference CACH 163)
A suitable alternative route will be signed and available via the unrestricted sections of the C1031, B6413, Rectory Road, C1024 and How Street.
N.B. the above restrictions will not be concurrent
A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained
at all times.
Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the roads, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the roads; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works. Any queries to Cumbria Highways, The Parkhouse Building, Kingmoor Business Park, Carlisle, CA6 4SJ (0300 303 2992) quoting the references specified above.
The Order will come into operation on 24 June 2019 and may continue in force for a period of up to eighteen months from that date as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed, although it is anticipated that each closure will only be required as detailed above.
Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle, CAI IRD Dated: 21 June 2019