Workington Town lose out in league opener
Published at 17:10, Sunday, 11 March 2012
WORKINGTON Town did not get off to the best of starts in Championship One, going down at home to Oldham Roughyeds 24-14.
Town did manage to salvage a bonus point from the defeat but it was a scrappy game, with too many unforced errors and penalties.
Tries from Daniel Rooney and Jason Mossop, plus a Carl Forber conversion had Town 10-6 ahead at the break.
But Oldham came out more determined in the second half and Town found themselves on the back foot, with just a Karl Olstrum try to show for their efforts.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Family pay tribute to Carlisle railway line victim (16 comments)
- Work starts to redevelop Carlisle Airport (33 comments)
- We can blow battle for Carlisle wide open, claim UKIP (42 comments)
- Planning go-ahead for Cumbria council's new £10m HQ (19 comments)
- I won't quit vows Cumbria council leader after parking charges climbdown (25 comments)
- New Cumbrian leisure centre delayed by finance query (15 comments)
- Debate over bonfire effigy failed to spoil Fireshow spectacular (87 comments)
- Thousands sign petition to oust hospital trust bosses (62 comments)
- On-street parking charges for Cumbria scrapped (89 comments)
- Bin spies in Carlisle branded a waste of money (30 comments)
- Cyclists opposing extended Carlisle city centre ban (62 comments)