Workington Town lose out in league opener
Published at 17:10, Sunday, 11 March 2012
WORKINGTON Town did not get off to the best of starts in Championship One, going down at home to Oldham Roughyeds 24-14.
Town did manage to salvage a bonus point from the defeat but it was a scrappy game, with too many unforced errors and penalties.
Tries from Daniel Rooney and Jason Mossop, plus a Carl Forber conversion had Town 10-6 ahead at the break.
But Oldham came out more determined in the second half and Town found themselves on the back foot, with just a Karl Olstrum try to show for their efforts.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbrian bride wins wedding dress battle after death of fiance (10 comments)
- Carlisle boss calls for boos ban against Cheltenham
- Drop in pupils offered first choice secondary places in Cumbria (4 comments)
- Carlisle MP defends continuing to work as solicitor
- Barriers going up to keep travellers off Carlisle park (1 comment)