Ulpha family pays tribute to "much-loved son"
Published at 11:26, Friday, 07 December 2012
FOLLOWING a road traffic collision on the A959 near Duddon Bridge on Wednesday 5 December, the family of Peter Benson have paid tribute to a “much loved son”.
Mr Benson was involved in a road traffic collision on the A595 between The High Cross Inn and Duddon Bridge. He was driving a red 3 series BMW and it is believed no other vehicle was involved. He was transported to hospital, but despite efforts of the emergency services he tragically died.
His father, David Benson said: “Peter was a much loved son to me, his sister Jennifer and brother David. He was a cherished boyfriend to Michelle. He was well respected by his community and was committed to his family. His sudden and tragic death has devastated all who knew this wonderful young man. We, his family, wish to be allowed to grieve his loss in peace and remember Peter as he was.”
Police are appealing for anyone who may have seen Mr Benson between 3:30 pm and 4:30 pm to contact them. They are also interested in speaking to anyone who was travelling on that road and may have witnessed anything to contact PC 1574 Clark from the Roads Policing Unit at Ulverston or any police officer on 101.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- We can blow battle for Carlisle wide open, claim UKIP (11 comments)
- Carlisle woman voted third most influential black person (6 comments)
- Family pay tribute to Carlisle railway line victim (14 comments)
- Objections raised over plans for 190 homes in Carlisle (5 comments)
- Stagecoach offers half-price deals on weekly bus tickets (17 comments)
- Debate over bonfire effigy failed to spoil Fireshow spectacular (86 comments)
- Thousands sign petition to oust hospital trust bosses (60 comments)
- On-street parking charges for Cumbria scrapped (82 comments)
- Bin spies in Carlisle branded a waste of money (28 comments)
- Cyclists opposing extended Carlisle city centre ban (62 comments)