Workington Town youngster Jonathan Dawes set for knee scan
Last updated at 11:46, Friday, 04 May 2012
Workington Town are to send promising youngster Jonathan Dawes for a scan on a troublesome knee injury.
The ex-Maryport amateur has made an encouraging start to his pro career but cannot play again until the extent of the problem has been diagnosed.
“He’ll have the scan at Oswestry, and we’ll let a consultant have a look at it,” coach Gary Charlton said.
“He went on a training run and it flared up from there. After that, he couldn’t run in training.
Dawes is Town’s only player with a major injury problem ahead of Sunday’s visit of Gateshead Thunder, though full-back Brett Carter is suspended.
Thunder must cope without former Hull FC playmaker Sam Walsh, who has picked up a five-match ban for allegedly biting Haven winger Craig Calvert in a Northern Rail Cup tie.
Coach Kevin Neighbour said: “It’s a blow to lose Sam, but we’ve been working on a couple of things for a few weeks now in case this happened.”
First published at 11:25, Friday, 04 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Championship table 2014
- 2014 results at-a-glance
- Championship table 2013
- 2013 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2012
- Northern Rail Cup 2012
- 2012 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2011
- Northern Rail Cup 2011
- 2011 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2010
- Northern Rail Cup 2010
- 2010 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2009
- Northern Rail Cup 2009
- 2009 results at-a-glance
- 2008 results at-a-glance
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria council bosses wanted to 'kill' spin doctor story (10 comments)
- Woods used by 'unsavoury' men for sex chopped down (101 comments)
- Lumsdon: Carlisle Utd supporters' club is way forward (1 comment)
- Carlisle McVitie's staff reject changes to working conditions (76 comments)