Workington Town youngster could be set for return
Last updated at 11:38, Friday, 09 March 2012
Talented young Workington Town half-back Marc Bainbridge could be set for a return just in time for Sunday’s Championship One opener against Oldham.
The half-back has been out of action since injuring his ankle in the club’s pre-season friendly at Barrow but has been back in full training this week.
Coach Gary Charlton said: “We will see how he goes at training and if he is okay then there is every chance that he will be playing this weekend.”
This will be a huge boost for the club to have another half-back fit, alongside Carl Forber, with Peter Lupton still missing following wrist surgery.
Chairman Dave Bowden added: “Marc is just at that age where we might see the best of him. The injury interrupted his progress but you also forget how young he is and he is certainly more comfortable at half-back than the players we have had to use so far.”
Town have also had to reshuffle at full-back with both Brett Carter and Elliott Miller suspended.
First published at 11:28, Friday, 09 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Championship table 2014
- 2014 results at-a-glance
- Championship table 2013
- 2013 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2012
- Northern Rail Cup 2012
- 2012 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2011
- Northern Rail Cup 2011
- 2011 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2010
- Northern Rail Cup 2010
- 2010 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2009
- Northern Rail Cup 2009
- 2009 results at-a-glance
- 2008 results at-a-glance
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Thousands are left spellbound at Carlisle Fireshow (26 comments)
- Refugee families from Syria to resettle in Cumbria by Xmas (12 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- "Dangerous" police cuts debate: how your MPs voted (24 comments)