Workington Town stalwart James Robinson gets new deal
Published at 11:50, Wednesday, 09 January 2013
Workington Town stalwart James Robinson has been rewarded for his dedication by being offered a one-year contract and a 12-month testimonial season.
Former Wath Brow amateur Robinson signed for Town in 2002 after playing for 12 months on amateur forms and is expecting a big season.
“I’m delighted at signing for Workington Town again and I’m looking forward to a very busy testimonial season,” said Robinson. “I’m also hoping to get a few games under my belt and hope that we can compete in the Championship.
“We’ve got to win as many of our home games as we can, win a few games on the road at the lesser clubs, and then try and get the odd bonus point against the big clubs.
“The Town fans aren’t expecting us to win the Championship but if we give all we can then I am sure they will be happy.
“I’m just very happy to be involved again this season.”
Town chairman Dave Bowden added: “We are delighted James is remaining with us for the forthcoming season.
“This is a big year for him in terms of stepping up to make a contribution at a higher level in the Championship in his testimonial season.
“James has been around the club for as long as I have over the last 10 years and he’s an extremely important player at Derwent Park.
“James is one of the longest serving players at one club in the Championships.
“Off the field, he is quite unique. James sponsors games and can always be relied on to support supporters’ functions.
“We are very happy to have James on board again.”
Two events have already been organised by Robinson’s Testimonial committee. There will be a quiz night at the Travellers Rest on Thursday, January 17 (8pm). The entry fee will be £5 for a team of four. And then on Thursday, January 31, there will be a Race Night at the Red House, also an 8pm start.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Championship table 2013
- 2013 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2012
- Northern Rail Cup 2012
- 2012 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2011
- Northern Rail Cup 2011
- 2011 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2010
- Northern Rail Cup 2010
- 2010 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2009
- Northern Rail Cup 2009
- 2009 results at-a-glance
- 2008 results at-a-glance
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Work starts to redevelop Carlisle Airport (35 comments)
- We can blow battle for Carlisle wide open, claim UKIP (42 comments)
- Planning go-ahead for Cumbria council's new £10m HQ (32 comments)
- I won't quit vows Cumbria council leader after parking charges climbdown (26 comments)
- New Cumbrian leisure centre delayed by finance query (15 comments)
- Debate over bonfire effigy failed to spoil Fireshow spectacular (87 comments)
- Thousands sign petition to oust hospital trust bosses (62 comments)
- On-street parking charges for Cumbria scrapped (89 comments)
- Bin spies in Carlisle branded a waste of money (30 comments)
- Cyclists opposing extended Carlisle city centre ban (62 comments)