Confidence high, insists Workington boss Edmondson
Last updated at 12:17, Saturday, 15 December 2012
Workington Reds boss Darren Edmondson has said that confidence in the squad is high despite heading into another tough away fixture today.
Reds travel to Stalybridge Celtic (3pm) who sit 15th in the table on 21 points, three points behind Reds in 9th.
Reds got over their 6-1 drubbing at the hands of Bradford Park Avenue with an assured 1-0 win away to Gloucester City last weekend.
Joe Mwasile’s first-half goal was enough to give them all three points but Edmondson believes the scoreline could have been a lot higher.
He said: “It was a good performance – really good. We had to show some determination.
“It should have been a lot easier than it was. It could have been three or four.”
He is wary of the threat posed by a young Stalybridge team who have six wins, three draws and eight losses this season.
He said: “They are one of the younger teams in the league. They pass the football. They are fit. They have a good team spirit.
“There are no easy games in this league.”
Reds face a busy Christmas period with four games before the new year including a home fixture on December 22 against league leaders Chester.
Edmondson said that his only concern ahead of today’s game was the fitness of Jonny Wright who is recovering from a sickness bug.
First published at 11:22, Saturday, 15 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Championship table 2014
- 2014 results at-a-glance
- Championship table 2013
- 2013 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2012
- Northern Rail Cup 2012
- 2012 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2011
- Northern Rail Cup 2011
- 2011 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2010
- Northern Rail Cup 2010
- 2010 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2009
- Northern Rail Cup 2009
- 2009 results at-a-glance
- 2008 results at-a-glance
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- A595 is Cumbria's most dangerous road, police figures show (29 comments)
- Government backs plan to divert traffic away from Warwick Bridge (26 comments)
- Carlisle's city centre BHS store to close (37 comments)
- Improving A66 and A69 road 'very tricky and complex' says highways boss (48 comments)
- Cash secured for £33m schools and sports campus (3 comments)