Success for Hughes at Carlisle RU awards night
Last updated at 16:15, Friday, 22 June 2012
Tim Hughes won the two big awards at Carlisle RUFC’s awards night.
The scrum-half picked up both the club player and the players’ player of the year- award.
Club president Dave Rawling presented awards to the winners.
Geoff Grieves received an award for his services to rugby, in particular the third XV (Hornets).
Hannah Sherlock was voted as the Carlisle Cougars player of the year, while Jim Goode received the Mike Bewley Memorial Award for services to rugby – particularly youth and junior rugby.
Joe Anderson received the Barrie Stewart Award for the best front-row player and Josh Holmes was named as the Crusaders (second XV) player of the year.
Cougars’ young player of the year was Kate Hudson.
Centre Matt Minett richly deserved the trophy for being the most-improved player of the year.
Katie McRonald won the coaches’ player of the year- award for the Cougars.
First published at 14:08, Friday, 22 June 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Tributes to Carlisle woman who died days after her 26th birthday (18 comments)
- Shop to close after 30 years in Carlisle city centre
- Google erases link to News & Star article under ‘right to be forgotten’ (28 comments)
- North Cumbrian brewery goes into administration
- Two suffer 'serious' injuries in A66 crash