Wath Brow secure place in cup third round after tough away test
Published at 13:23, Monday, 12 March 2012
Huddersfield Underbank 10 Wath Brow Hornets 24: Wath Brow Hornets secured their berth in the Carnegie Challenge Cup third round with a tight victory at Huddersfield Underbank Rangers.
Conference champions Underbank proved no pushovers for the Conference League premier side but the Hornets went through 24-10.
In fact it was the home side who led 10-6 at the break, despite the Hornets having scored first through Fran King, with Peter Caddy converting.
Into the second half and Wath Brow weathered an early storm before going back on the attack and Dave Pettitt stormed over in the corner, Caddy converting from wide out to retake the lead at 12-10.
Then Richard Huby and Leroy Joe both went over the whitewash and Caddy made it four from four conversion attempts for a final score of 24-10.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Religious leaders claim Carlisle club's name offensive (72 comments)
- Damning report reveals distressing scenes at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (65 comments)
- Crime panel raps 'inconsistent' Cumbria police commissioner (37 comments)
- Cumbrian beauty spot failing to pay its way (33 comments)
- Cumbrian MPs reveal their expenses bills (33 comments)