Wath Brow secure place in cup third round after tough away test
Published at 13:23, Monday, 12 March 2012
Huddersfield Underbank 10 Wath Brow Hornets 24: Wath Brow Hornets secured their berth in the Carnegie Challenge Cup third round with a tight victory at Huddersfield Underbank Rangers.
Conference champions Underbank proved no pushovers for the Conference League premier side but the Hornets went through 24-10.
In fact it was the home side who led 10-6 at the break, despite the Hornets having scored first through Fran King, with Peter Caddy converting.
Into the second half and Wath Brow weathered an early storm before going back on the attack and Dave Pettitt stormed over in the corner, Caddy converting from wide out to retake the lead at 12-10.
Then Richard Huby and Leroy Joe both went over the whitewash and Caddy made it four from four conversion attempts for a final score of 24-10.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Debate over bonfire effigy failed to spoil Fireshow spectacular (86 comments)
- Thousands sign petition to oust hospital trust bosses (59 comments)
- On-street parking charges for Cumbria scrapped (79 comments)
- Bin spies in Carlisle branded a waste of money (26 comments)
- Cyclists opposing extended Carlisle city centre ban (61 comments)