Wath Brow clinch victory in tight game with Ince Rose
Last updated at 13:19, Monday, 18 June 2012
Wath Brow edged a dramatic Conference League clash with Ince Rose Bridge, sneaking an 18-16 victory with a converted try 10 minutes from time.
Home stand-off Karl Dixon was Wath Brow’s man of the match, scoring a try after only five minutes before doubling the lead five minutes later with his second try.
But when Richard Huby went in on 70 minutes it was only to put the Hornets level and it needed Dixon’s conversion, the only successful kick of the afternoon for the Cumbrians, to win the match.
In the wet and windy conditions there were no successful kicks at goal until Dixon’s late effort was enough to win the game.
The visitors had scored three tries in the space of eight minutes to lead 12-8 at the break. They whipped the ball-out wide for Matthew Cunningham to cross before Martin Butler burst over from a play-the-ball and Martin Puckingham went in for the third.
Ince Rose Bridge increased their lead eight minutes after the restart with a try from Lee Jones but a big effort from the Hornets won them the game.
Charlie Tomlinson dived over in the corner on 66 minutes and then came Huby’s game breaker try four minutes later. He followed-up a kick through and touched down for Dixon to add the all-important conversion.
First published at 11:30, Monday, 18 June 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Tesco to take over Millom store
- Drunken Millom crash driver wanted to die
- MY MILLOM - GOOD, BAD OR NEEDS CHANGING?
- Millom killer inquest - shock twist
- Millom man threatened to stab police officer
- Horror smash shuts A590
- Campaign to name baby found dead in Millom tip (12 comments)
- Millom Weight Watchers leader steps down after helping hundreds (1 comment)
- Cash means brewery can double turnover
- Pioneering plans are most exciting in years say Cumberland FA