Darren Holt out of Barrow's game with Whitehaven
Last updated at 11:49, Wednesday, 18 July 2012
Veteran Darren Holt will miss Whitehaven’s visit to Craven Park tomorrow – and could be forced to call time on his long playing career.
Barrow’s player-coach picked up a troublesome groin injury in the Raiders’ win against his old club Workington Town in May, and with the season heading towards its end, there is no sign of the goal-kicking half-back returning to action.
“I’m not holding out too much hope now, and I was finishing anyway at the end of this year,” the 35-year-old said. “But it would be nice to get back on the pitch before that. Hopefully I will be able to do that.”
Barrow suffered only their second league defeat of the season on Sunday, going down 28-24 at title rivals Doncaster.
And a win against Haven is vital if they are to keep pace with new leaders Workington Town at the top of Championship One.
First published at 11:28, Wednesday, 18 July 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- A595 is Cumbria's most dangerous road, police figures show (29 comments)
- Government backs plan to divert traffic away from Warwick Bridge (26 comments)
- Carlisle's city centre BHS store to close (37 comments)
- Improving A66 and A69 road 'very tricky and complex' says highways boss (48 comments)
- Cash secured for £33m schools and sports campus (3 comments)