Workington Reds midfielder remains long-term doubt
Last updated at 10:27, Saturday, 17 November 2012
Crocked Mark Boyd remains a long-term injury doubt after tearing a calf muscle, and will miss this afternoon’s trip to Worcester City.
The Workington Reds midfielder has been out of action for several weeks, and boss Darren Edmondson confirmed there is no time frame for the schemer’s return.
“It’s disappointing for Mark because he’s a big part of our squad,” said Edmondson.
“At first, we thought he’d only be missing for a few games, but he’s still not 100 per cent.
“There is no point rushing Mark back early, and risk aggravating the calf further, so he remains a long-term absentee.
“It’s annoying because Mark has played a lot of football for us, and he’s one of our main men in midfield.”
Captain David Hewson is expected to give Edmondson a boost, and play, despite having a niggling knee injury.
Will Vaulks will be recalled to the side after starting the FA Trophy defeat to Ossett Town on the bench.
Meanwhile, Macclesfield loanee James Bolton plays his penultimate game for the club, after a stunning spell at Borough Park.
Edmondson added: “James has been one of our most consistent performers, and it’s a shame he has to go back.”
Workington’s last visit to Worcester saw Jordan Connerton score the crucial goal that ensured Reds would play this season in the Blue Square Bet North.
Edmondson said: “It was a great day for the club. I hope there are more celebrations at full time this year too.”
First published at 10:18, Saturday, 17 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- Conference North 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- Blue Square North 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- Blue Square North 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- Blue Square North 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- Blue Square North 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- Blue Square North 2008-09
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Tributes to Carlisle woman who died days after her 26th birthday (21 comments)
- Shop to close after 30 years in Carlisle city centre
- Google erases link to News & Star article under ‘right to be forgotten’ (30 comments)
- North Cumbrian brewery goes into administration
- Two suffer 'serious' injuries in A66 crash