Workington Reds boss keen to hang on to Stuart Green
Published at 13:12, Thursday, 14 June 2012
Talks are ongoing to keep midfielder Stuart Green at Workington Reds.
Boss Darren Edmondson wants to keep the 30-year-old and has developed a specially-designed training regime with Carlisle physio Neil Dalton to help improve the ex-United ace’s fitness.
Green has held talks with Whitehaven Amateurs about a switch in order to kick start his managerial career but has not commented.
Workington have also declined to comment but a source close to Borough Park said Edmondson was doing his best to persuade Green to complete his contract.
If Green does depart, it is believed Edmondson will have more money to strengthen his squad ahead of the new campaign.
Reds meet up for pre-season training on June 26, but will not be playing League Two side Morecambe after an agreed match was cancelled due to a mix up over dates. Workington are hopeful a new game will fill the gap.
Reds will launch their new home and away shirts at a fans forum next Friday.
Boss Edmondson will answer questions with board members expected to be on hand to answer off field queries.
The question-and-answer session will take place in the Bill Shankly lounge from 7.30pm with the club’s new merchandise ready to be sold.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Go-ahead for superfast broadband roll-out across Cumbria (27 comments)
- Angry Cumbrian MP and council leader write to David Cameron about Sellafield deal (7 comments)
- Struggling M&S failing to impress Carlisle shoppers (2 comments)
- Cumbrian big cat had been spotted before - claim (2 comments)
- Bookies don't fancy Carlisle Utd for next season's League One title (5 comments)
- Religious leaders claim Carlisle club's name offensive (72 comments)
- Damning report reveals distressing scenes at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (72 comments)
- Crime panel raps 'inconsistent' Cumbria police commissioner (39 comments)
- Cumbrian beauty spot failing to pay its way (34 comments)
- Carlisle United must respond if this Celtic Nation grows (23 comments)