Workington Reds boss happy in defeat
Last updated at 12:19, Monday, 25 July 2011
Workington Reds boss Darren Edmondson was delighted after watching his side’s solid performance against League One side Hartlepool.
Workington suffered a narrow 3-2 defeat though Edmondson took pride in his side’s display, with David McNiven and an own goal worrying their League One opposition.
“From the whole 90 minutes we can take a lot of positives,” he said.
“We matched them for the full game and it was a very pleasing performance.
“Their second goal on the stroke of half-time was a little disappointing. Our right-back was receiving treatment on the sideline and we suffered from tired minds as they scored a simply goal.”
Edmondson was pleased with his new signings and trialists making an impact, with Dan Dillon, Mark Boyd, Jake Simpson and David McNiven all featuring in the build up play to either goal.
And young striker Andy Murray-Jones was again singled out for praise as he continues to impress ahead of next season’s Blue Square North campaign.
Reds’ take on Carlisle United at Borough Park on Wednesday, 7.30pm ko.
First published at 11:30, Monday, 25 July 2011
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2014-15
- Evo-Stik Premier 2014-15
- League and cup results 2013-14
- Conference North 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- Blue Square North 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- Blue Square North 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- Blue Square North 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- Blue Square North 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- Blue Square North 2008-09
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Thousands are left spellbound at Carlisle Fireshow (26 comments)
- Refugee families from Syria to resettle in Cumbria by Xmas (12 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- "Dangerous" police cuts debate: how your MPs voted (24 comments)