Workington Reds boss aiming to sign new player before Brackley game
Last updated at 12:39, Thursday, 29 November 2012
Darren Edmondson hopes to sign at least one player before Saturday’s match with Brackley Town, but denied his foray into the transfer market is a response to the 6-1 hammering dished out by Bradford Park Avenue.
The 41-year-old is working with a wafer thin squad, as Workington Reds deal with a constant stream of injuries.
Striker Jordan Connerton is a major worry for the home clash with Brackley with a hernia problem, while he also chases a replacement for James Bolton, whose loan deal has now expired.
Edmondson said he planned a move into the market before the Bradford defeat, and added: “I am always looking for players who can come in and make a difference straight away.
“The Bradford defeat was awful, but any players we bring in between now and Saturday are not a result of that defeat.
“I was hoping to bring new players in even if we had won.
“We have loan players going back, others on short-term contract, and players injured, so it’s vital we bolster our ranks.”
Yesterday, Mark Boyd declared himself fit, and Edmondson said his return to action was a good sign.
“A fit Mark Boyd is an asset to any side,” he added.
“Mark’s been unlucky with injuries, but his calf is a lot better, and he’s ready to play.
“It’s good to have him back, and he’s definitely a contender to put straight back into the team, but I haven’t decided who will start, and who misses out.
“We still have training to get through tonight, and after that I’ll sit down with Tony Elliott, and we’ll work out how we’re going to restore some pride, and win points against what promises to be an extremely tough game.”
First published at 12:35, Thursday, 29 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- Conference North 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- Blue Square North 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- Blue Square North 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- Blue Square North 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- Blue Square North 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- Blue Square North 2008-09
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- New manager Keith Curle sets out plan to save Carlisle Utd (15 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (29 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (16 comments)
- Cumbria police probe after cats poisoned (3 comments)
- Lack of rain means Cumbria facing driest September in 30 years (4 comments)
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (57 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (55 comments)