Workington Reds aiming to bring in three new players
Last updated at 11:34, Friday, 01 February 2013
Workington Reds boss Darren Edmondson hopes to have three players signed in time to play Colwyn Bay tomorrow.
The 41-year-old had hoped to add the recruits to his squad for Tuesday’s loss to Gainsborough, but was let down with managers not getting back to him.
Reds have been decimated in recent weeks with a number of high-profile injuries – including goalkeeper Aaran Taylor and midfielder Mark Boyd.
But Edmondson said: “I’m pretty certain we’ll have three in for the trip to Colwyn.
“New faces bring a freshness to a club. They haven’t been here during the bad times so they come in without worry.”
Reds go into the game at Colwyn, knowing defeat would bring them closer to the relegation zone.
Workington were docked four points on Monday for fielding an ineligible player.
Edmondson said: “This is a testing time, but matches are coming thick and fast, and a few good results and we are looking up, and not over our shoulders.
“We have to remain positive, and I believe in this squad of players.”
Workington haven’t enjoyed the best start to 2013. They are without a win, but have a decent away record with three wins in the last eight trips.
First published at 11:29, Friday, 01 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- Conference North 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- Blue Square North 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- Blue Square North 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- Blue Square North 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- Blue Square North 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- Blue Square North 2008-09
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Kevin’s after-hours booze delivery service (7 comments)
- Resignations prompt merger bid by two West Cumbrian GP surgeries (1 comment)
- Wind turbine councillor denies ‘hypocrisy’ claim (3 comments)
- West Cumbria solar park plan refused (4 comments)
- Luxury apartments completed in West Cumbrian village (3 comments)