Will Vaulks may have played last game for Workington Reds
Last updated at 12:34, Saturday, 19 January 2013
Midfielder Will Vaulks is close to agreeing a move away from Workington Reds.
Scottish First Division side Falkirk have had the 19-year-old on trial this week, and look set to complete a move for him early next week.
Vaulks would have been free to play against Bradford Park Avenue but that match fell victim to the weather.
He initially joined Workington on loan from League One leaders Tranmere Rovers.
Starring in the centre of midfield, Vaulks made his move permanent in November, after Rovers boss Ronnie Moore agreed to cancel his contract.
Despite links with other Football League clubs, Vaulks signed for Reds, and has been the driving force this season.
His agreement with Workington always allowed him to go on trial elsewhere in a bid to get back into the professional game.
Falkirk ran the rule over him, and reports north of the border suggest he has done enough to secure a deal with Steven Pressley’s men.
Reds boss Darren Edmondson said he would be sorry to see Vaulks leave, but said he was moving quickly to secure the services of at least three other players.
He is aiming to swell the midfield ranks, with injury doubts over David Hewson, and Mark Boyd.
Edmondson said: “At the moment, Will is our player.
“We will see what happens next week.
“I don’t want to lose Will. He’s been one of our most consistent performers, but he wants to get back into the full-time football.
“I’m not waiting for any decisions to be made.
“I’m already making moves to bring new players in.
“We have been ravaged by injuries, and we must replace those that have been put on the sidelines.
“I hope we can bring at least a couple of new faces in, because it is important we try and regain our momentum.”
First published at 11:27, Friday, 18 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2014-15
- Evo-Stik Premier 2014-15
- League and cup results 2013-14
- Conference North 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- Blue Square North 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- Blue Square North 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- Blue Square North 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- Blue Square North 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- Blue Square North 2008-09
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Thousands are left spellbound at Carlisle Fireshow (26 comments)
- Refugee families from Syria to resettle in Cumbria by Xmas (12 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- "Dangerous" police cuts debate: how your MPs voted (24 comments)