Phil McLuckie and Callum Hassan sign for Workington Reds
Last updated at 17:15, Friday, 17 August 2012
Phil McLuckie has agreed a pay-as-you-play deal at Workington Reds.
The midfielder will start tomorrow’s Blue Square Bet North opener against Stalybridge Celtic and will be joined in the squad by 6ft 4in striker Callum Hassan.
The duo both agreed terms before the weekend deadline.
McLuckie's future has been in doubt for weeks and he thought about calling quits on his football career after changing jobs.
Unable to commit to every game, McLuckie started training with the club again earlier this month and this afternoon, agreed a deal.
Hassan, who previously worked with Reds assistant Tony Elliott at Whitby, impressed boss Darren Edmondson during pre-season, before trying his luck with Championship new boys Huddersfield Town.
Hassan was released by Hartlepool United, and the 19-year-old could play a big role, according to Edmondson, who said: “To have Phil back is a big boost for the club.
“He’s a quality player and will play a role for us this year when he’s available.
“It is a pay-as-you-play deal, the same as Callum’s, but means we have cover across the park.
“It was important that we brought extra bodies in, especially with some tough games in the coming weeks.”
Workington failed to agree personal terms with veteran Wayne Curtis, while Blackburn Rovers product, and former Ireland U21 international Josh O’Keefe also rejected an offer.
Striker Jordan Connerton is expected to be involved, despite having a slight ankle problem, while David Hewson and Lee Andrews, will be in the squad.
First published at 17:08, Friday, 17 August 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- Conference North 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- Blue Square North 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- Blue Square North 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- Blue Square North 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- Blue Square North 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- Blue Square North 2008-09
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Naked men seen walking through Dalton (15 comments)
- Council hits back in Dalton zoo tiger feeding row (45 comments)
- 25 take part in memorial event at Whins Pond
- Teaching unions have hit out at the quick inspections of 16 Cumbria schools
- Assault in Walney pub - police seek witnesses
- Girl attacked at zoo
- Cumbria families speak of anguish over Philippines typhoon horror
- Notice Board
- Dalton zoo boss brings seasonal cheer with free admission
- Dalton Christmas tree festival