Workington Reds ease through to County Cup semi-finals
Last updated at 11:52, Monday, 08 March 2010
Workington Reds sauntered into the semi-finals of this year’s County Cup with a convincing 3-0 win over Carlisle Amateurs.
The holders put out a strong side after their league fixture with Farsley Celtic was cancelled on Friday afternoon.
Callum Ruttledge opened the scoring midway through the first half and hot shot striker Gareth Arnison bagged a brace to ensure an easy passage into the last four where they will travel to Gillford Park.
Fullback David Hewson captained the side for the first time in 14 months. The versatile player was skipper before a horrendous injury saw him spend all of 2009 on the sidelines.
Boss Darren Edmondson has made no secret of the fact he wants to win the cup for the second year running.
He will go all out to beat Gillford Park in the semi finals, which could set up a final showdown with Penrith if they can beat the winners of Harraby Catholic or Whitehaven Amateurs.
First published at 11:30, Monday, 08 March 2010
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- Conference North 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- Blue Square North 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- Blue Square North 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- Blue Square North 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- Blue Square North 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- Blue Square North 2008-09
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Carlisle venue defends promotion of top comic's show after low turn-out (29 comments)
- Story Homes pledges to fund village school if new Carlisle estate approved (15 comments)
- Carlisle GP backs calls to legalise hard drugs (10 comments)
- Warning as 1,800 council jobs hang in the balance (83 comments)
- Parks ban would make smokers outcasts in society, says senior Carlisle councillor (13 comments)