Mark Boyd boost for under-pressure Workington Reds
Last updated at 11:37, Saturday, 02 February 2013
Mark Boyd has given Workington Reds a major injury boost after the midfielder announced he’s fit to start against Colwyn Bay this afternoon.
Boyd has endured a torrid start to 2013, after suffering a calf injury.
But after seeing a specialist in York on Tuesday, is fit again to take his part in the squad.
“Finally, I’m pain free,” he said.
“My boots have been fitted with insoles that have helped put my feet in a position which causes less stress on my body.
“I’m so pleased to be back, and ready to take my spot on the pitch.
“It’s been a terrible start to the year for me, and Workington, but now a few players are coming back to fitness, things will improve.”
David Hewson will again captain the side. He missed Tuesday’s 3-0 loss to Gainsborough through work commitments, but Jonny Wright is still out of the country.
Boyd said the team had trained well this week, and added: “Spirits have been high.
“We’ve worked hard, but we’ve had a laugh too.
“We need to get back to winning ways, and there’s no reason why we can’t go to Colwyn and get a decent result.
“Losing the four points hasn’t helped our position in the league, but if we continue to work hard then I believe this squad is good enough to keep picking up points.”
First published at 11:25, Saturday, 02 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- Conference North 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- Blue Square North 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- Blue Square North 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- Blue Square North 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- Blue Square North 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- Blue Square North 2008-09
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)