Jordan Connerton on the road to recovery for Workington Reds
Last updated at 13:33, Friday, 08 February 2013
Crippled with acute hernia pain, Jordan Connerton has been out of action since Reds’ embarrassing FA Trophy loss on November 10.
The 23-year-old had been playing in agony until Ossett Town humbled Workington three months ago, and had to take time out to rest his body.
Connerton is still suffering sharp pains from the hernia on the pelvis, and needs steroid injection and intense rehab to get back to match fitness.
Targeting a return to action in time for the trip to bottom club Hinckley in a fortnight, the striker said: “I’ve been in agony.
“The pain became so bad I had to take time away from football.
“It was unbearable. I was playing knowing I wasn’t 100 per cent, and that wasn’t fair to my team-mates.
“It’s been frustrating for me because I love football, but now I know what’s wrong, I can work towards getting back in a red shirt.”
Connerton has seen a specialist in Manchester who advises Premier League stars.
A scan revealed the pelvis hernia, and boss Darren Edmondson has consulted Carlisle United physio Neil Dalton about how to treat the injury.
“Hopefully I’ll be back by the end of the month,” said Connerton.
“It’s been a slow recovery, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.”
The hernia is nothing new for the former Crewe Alexandra talisman.
Connerton had surgery on the hernia 18 months ago.
Tomorrow, Workington start a hat-trick of home matches, starting with Oxford City.
The Hoops haven’t won away from home since beating whipping boys Hinckley 2-0 in October.
City hope to have veteran striker Steve Basham available following a calf injury.
First published at 11:46, Friday, 08 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- Conference North 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- Blue Square North 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- Blue Square North 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- Blue Square North 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- Blue Square North 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- Blue Square North 2008-09
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cost of on-street parking charges revealed by Cumbria council (105 comments)
- Warning as 1,800 council jobs hang in the balance (66 comments)
- Cumbria council hires PR guru - at cost of £700 a day (84 comments)
- Anger over plan to charge £20 to park outside your home in Cumbria (69 comments)
- Carlisle's The Lanes shopping centre on verge of expansion (58 comments)